This page contains useful information about all things university.
Check out the following resources to find out more?
Here you will find detailed information to help you make a successful application to university for 2023 entry:
Why are Open Days important and what should you do when you’re there?
Schedule of Open Days for those applying for 2024 entry.
Starting your application:
To be used by TRC students when completing their application form.
Important information for TRC students on how to enter these qualifications correctly on UCAS forms.
Writing your Personal Statement:
There are 4 booklets, each containing useful advice and a Personal Statement template. Use the most appropriate one for you:
The UCAS HUB is your one stop shop for all your research, choices and applications.
1. The explore tool – where you can search subjects and discover courses.
2. The notepad – so you can keep all your thoughts about your next step in one place.
3. Apprenticeship finder – for the latest vacancies, locally and nationally.
4. The personal statement builder – to help you structure your writing and introduce yourself to universities.
5. The Tariff calculator – for tallying up your UCAS points to see if you meet entry requirements.
Your Hub is your space. Organise the widgets, remove the ones you don’t need, and tick off your to do list.
Degree Apprenticeships are an increasingly viable option for students wishing to work alongside their higher education studies – please see our poster and also the information from ASK Apprenticeships. Sheffield Hallam has a particularly strong offer for Degree Apprenticeships and run a recruitment event in November of each year: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/higher-and-degree-apprenticeships.
Sign up to the UCAS mailing list to be informed about degree apprenticeship opportunities: https://www.ucas.com/apprenticeships/subscribe-alerts
Everything you need to support your child with their higher education choices:
Presentations and resources from our Y12 Journey to Uni Event held on 3rd May 2023 are available to view and download here: