We know that while you are a sixth form student you need support to help you reach your full potential. Whatever your concern, there will always be someone at TRC who will try to help.
If you don’t know who to contact then speak to our Student Services reception staff. They can help you find the right person to talk to on a range of issues including travel, trips and visits, work
placements, timetable and financial help.
We’re a friendly and accessible bunch here at TRC, and we hope that you will feel comfortable to chat with any of our teaching staff and support staff during your time with us. But it’s also nice to have a familiar face, someone who understands your progress, goals, and aspirations. That’s why you’ll have your own Progress Tutor.
Your Progress Tutor will help you to succeed and enjoy your time at college by:
• Helping you to settle into college
• Listening to you and giving you advice on your studies and personal problems
• Liaising with college staff
• Helping you access the right support
• Helping you to set targets to get the best out of your time at college
• Advising you on your next steps after TRC
• Supporting you in making a university/job/ apprenticeship application(s)
You will have individualised meetings between you and your Progress Tutor in which you will:
• Discuss your academic progress and wellbeing
• Identify areas for improvement and set targets to help you make continuous improvements
• Plan your next steps into higher education and employment
You will receive key information and complete tasks online through ‘Tutorial on Demand’ that will not only help you to succeed at college but will prepare you for later life and the world of work.
All TRC students have a Unifrog account. Unifrog is an online destinations platform where you will be able to explore your interests, then find and successfully apply for your next steps after college.
You will also attend talks delivered by college staff and external speakers who are experts in their field on:
• Study skills
• Your options after TRC
• Applying for university/jobs/ apprenticeships
• Your health and wellbeing
There is an area on the college intranet where you will find your personalised
information, for example your timetable and attendance marks and percentages.