As part of the Inspire Trust (a Multi-Academy Trust), the College has a Local Governing Body which reports to the Inspire Trust Board of Trustees. The Local Governing Body are responsible for establishing the strategic direction of the College by:
• Setting the vision, values and objectives of their academy within the trust framework;
• Agreeing the improvement strategy in line with the Scheme of Delegation;
• Meeting the statutory and regulatory responsibilities of the Academy.
The Local Governing Body will ensure accountability by:
• Monitoring progress and attainment
• Appointing senior leaders in consultation with the CEO and Trust Board
• Performance managing the Principal in consultation with the CEO and Trust Board
• Engaging with Stakeholders
• Monitoring and reviewing the self-evaluation of the Academy
• Acting as a critical friend to leaders
The skills and experience of individual governors are crucial to the success of the College and to ensure the mix of Governors is appropriate the balance of skills is reviewed each year and when recruiting new Governors.