You will study a range of issues that cover the everyday activities of businesses such as;
• Marketing, including market research, promotional methods, pricing strategies and the growing use of social media to promote and respond to customer needs.
• Finance, including costs, revenues, breakeven analysis, cashflow and budgets.
• Production, including the different methods of products, lean manufacturing techniques and the importance of quality and efficiency in the production process.
• Managing people, including workforce planning, recruitment and selection, motivation and leadership styles.
• Business strategy, including mergers and takeovers, market and product development, globalisation, emerging economies and ethics.
You will study techniques to help a business formulate a strategy for example, critical path analysis, decision trees and ratio analysis.
You will also study lots of topical business issues and current news items and be issued a pre released research theme which paper 3 will be based upon.
Day visits such as production plant or Cadbury World. These are very helpful but not compulsory.
Approximately £20 per trip.
Examination only, three separate papers.
Grade 5 English. Grade 4 Maths.
Any other subjects, especially Economics, Maths and IT.
Business Analyst, Project Manager, Risk Manager and Human Resources Manager.
Check out our Culture Vulture link to see what takes your interest.
Click the link and have a go at our 10-week learning plan to get you off to the best start.
Follow the link to see an introduction to the course, identifying what you will study with us in the first few months and what you might already know.